Underground Mining Equipment
Underground mining requires the use of highly specialized equipment that is expected to perform at a high level. It must also be extremely tough and durable to withstand the rigors of these demanding work environments. Whayne Supply, the leading supplier of top-quality heavy equipment in Kentucky and Southern Indiana for more than 100 years, can provide productive, reliable machinery for your mining operation. We feature a wide assortment of underground mining equipment from Caterpillar®, the most trusted heavy equipment manufacturer in the world.
You’ll Find Cat® Equipment for Every Underground Mining Task
No matter which aspect of the undergrounding mining process you need to perform, you’ll find a hard-working Cat machine you can always count on to get the job done. Our extensive product inventory includes:
- Armored face conveyors: Innovative conveyor technology to maximize productivity in longwall mining operations.
- CST drive systems: These systems are designed to transmit the heavy drive force necessary for powering face conveyors.
- Continuous haulage machines: Reliable, high-capacity, diesel-powered mineral haulers that are extremely flexible and productive.
- Continuous miners: Capable of handling soft and hard-cutting tasks in a wide range of seam thicknesses.
- Face haulers: High-capacity hauling machines that maximize productivity in room and pillar underground mining operations.
- Mining controls: Completely automated control systems that maximize productivity and safety and optimize equipment use.
- Plows: Highly efficient automated plow systems for longwall mining in a choice of low and medium seams.
- Roof bolters: Cutting-edge roof bolting equipment offer a wide range of features such as articulated steering, floor and roof avoidance compensation and individual planetary wheel drives.
- Roof support carriers: Roof support carriers for longwall underground mining systems provide superior lifting and carrying capacity for various transportation tasks.
- Roof supports: Sturdy, reliable roof supports provide maximum stability in conditions such as steep grades, overly thick or thin seams and soft ground.
- Scoops: Low-profile Cat scoops maximize the performance of underground mining utility vehicles by offering a wide range of features such as oversized center sections, multi-purpose contoured bottom buckets and planetary wheel drives.
- Shearers: Cat shearers for longwall mining provide the power for even the most demanding mining conditions and are equipped with a patent-pending trapping shoe and fabricated mainframe, along with a modular design that offers multiple configuration possibilities.
Fully Supported Underground Mining Solutions
Whayne Supply has the expertise to help you choose the right equipment for your underground mining operation. We also back our equipment with the unrivaled service and support that has helped to sustain the success of our company since 1913.
Find out More About Our Selection of Underground Mining Equipment
Please take a few minutes to browse our extensive Cat underground mining equipment inventory. You can also stop by one of the 17 Whayne Supply locations in Kentucky and Southern Indiana for a closer look.